Thursday, April 7, 2016

Daisies Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight + I Love Math Challenge #1)


Hi everyone :o)

Today was my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this CAS, one layer, positive/negative with a pop of color, Daisies Card. :o)



I stamped gorgeous daisies from Jane's Doodles 'Daisies' stamp set directly on a card base. I didn't get good impression of stamped images and also managed to smudge my card with ink. I hate when that happens.

I didn't want to throw it away, but had no idea what to do whit it. I went through some photos of my works and finally came up whit an idea. :o)

Here's what inspired me...
  • positive/negative technique: "Forest", drawing, positive/negative technique, pencil, 2004
  • favorite shape: circle
  • pattern and color: work in progress, crochet hippo "Daisy" (pattern available here)

I drew and stamped circles of various sizes over stamped daisies and over smudges on the card base. I used EK Success Circle Cutter to draw large circles.

I colored stamped image with black pen to get positive/negative effect. I've learned this when I was elementary school student, at my Art Class. :o)

Then I colored pestles blending together yellow and orange colored pencils and shaded petals with grey pencils.

At the end I covered pestles with gloss resin to create glossy accents and my card was finished.


Card dimensions: 94 mm x 138 mm (3 3/4" x 5 1/2)


List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Daisies' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'Geometric Patterns' stamp set (retired)
  • Create a Smile 'Eggstraordinary Egghunt' stamp set (smallest circles)
  • white cardstock paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Koh-i-noor Woodless Colored Pencils
    • Chrome Yellow 1
    • Reddish Orange 2
  • TOZ light and dark grey colored pencils
  • Stabilo Pen 88/46 Black, 0.4 mm
  • Gloss Resin Super Clear
  • MS scoring board
  • Sigma Rotary Paper Trimmer
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • polymer stamp handle (38 mm x 38 mm)
  • EK Success Circle Cutter
  • crafting needle




And now something new on my blog. :o)


I LOVE MATH CHALLENGE

The idea behind:
To combine my two greatest passions together: Math and Crafts. Also to show Math isn't the worst thing in the world. :o)

In each challenge I'll create a project, describe how I made it and create an inspiration board. Something mathematical will be included in each challenge. :o)

My plan is to hold challenges at least two times a year. I'll announce new challenge two weeks before it starts.

And now to the first challenge...


Create something using the inspiration board (all elements must be incorporated in your project) and link up your project below. You are also welcome to CASE my card. :o)


Update

Come back for more inspiration in two weeks, on April 21st, when I will be honored to host very creative Guest Artist here on my blog. :o)



Details about the challenge...

Challenge Starts: April 7th 2016, 8:00 PM CEST (UTC +2)

Challenge Ends: May 7th, 7:55 PM CEST (UTC +2)

Challenge rules:
  1. You must be a blog follower.
  2. Your creation must be new. Please do not link creation that has been posted prior to the day of the challenge.
  3. Create any kind of project (card, ATC, tag, painting, drawing, altered art...) using Inspiration Board #1All elements must be incorporated in your project: technique, color combination and and geometric shape.
  4. Theme: Anything Goes
  5. Projects must be handmade!
  6. Mention the challenge in your blog post and link back to the challenge.
  7. Display Inspiration Board in your blog post.
  8. Link up as many projects as you want.
  9. You are welcome to combine your project to as many challenges as you want.
  10. No blog hop and direct selling links are allowed here.
  11. Link your direct blog post and not your entire blog, so I could locate your creation.
  12. Please turn off word verification.
  13. Have fun!
I reserve the right to remove links that do not comply with challenge rules.

Prize: 
One Jane's Doodles stamp set of winners choice. I will select TOP 4 projects, Guest artist and I will select two favorite projects each (TOP 4), which will be featured here on my blog on May 15th 2016. Among TOP 4, there will be a random draw (using Random.org) for one lucky winner who will then receive the prize. :o)


That's all. :o) If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.




Now it's your turn. I can't wait to see your creations! Enjoy and smile! :o)


Crafty Milka

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a stunning card! So elegant and beautiful! Love these "spot of light" on the daisies! And your idea of Math + Craft is very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Milka! Love hiw you turned your negative into positive... :). You have come up with very interesting challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab project. It´s perfect for that challenge theme and looks so very pritty! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if my card is right for the goal. If it isn't, please delete my entry.
    ...I love CAS, but I am not a CAS crafter :D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...